Responding to COVID-19
As a precaution for our customers and employees, our retail locations have implemented the following additional preventative measures:
- Limit the number of customers allowed in the store at any one time
- Provide designated areas for our customers inside our locations
- Reduced retail location hours: Mon-Sat: 9AM-5PM Sun 11AM-5PM
- Phone ordering for curbside pickup at our retail locations
We appreciate your patience and thank you for shopping with Texsun Pools
Texsun Pools will continue to provide retail, maintenance, pool repair & remodel services to our customers to ensure swimming pools remain safe for swimmers to enjoy.
COVID-19 has definitely changed our current way of life, which obviously impacts our current way of doing business. And like the rest of society, we must adapt by not only recognizing the severity of the situation, but in finding ways to proactively work and live smarter while offering help to those who want and need it.
As pool and spa professionals, we can take comfort in knowing that we promote a healthy activity that is beneficial to the well-being of those who are being asked to stay home for prolonged periods or may forego travel later to enjoy “staycations” and still need our products and services. Our products are essential in pool care and maintenance.
Following information provided by CDC and EPA, Texsun Pools recommends pool and hot tub operators should diligently follow proper pool maintenance practices:
- Ensure that your pool or hot tub continuously maintains a free available chlorine residual of 1-4 ppm or for bromine a 2-5 ppm residual, with an EPA registered sanitizer. Follow label directions for proper use.
- Operate your pump at least 8-12 hours per day to assure proper circulation and filtration.
- Disinfect surfaces around the pool with an EPA registered disinfectant hard surface cleaner to prevent transmission of the virus through touching of contaminated surfaces.
- Do not swim if you show symptoms of being sick. Follow guidance by CDC, Public Health Officials and/ or Medical Provider.
Information on COVID-19 is changing daily. The most reliable source of information is the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html. Additional information regarding proper swimming pool operation can be found at https://www.cdc.gov/healthywater/swimming/.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) released official guidance regarding this issue.
According to the CDC, there is no evidence that COVID-19 can be spread to humans through the use of pools and hot tubs. Proper operation, maintenance, and disinfection (e.g., with chlorine and bromine) of pools and hot tubs should remove or inactivate the virus that causes COVID-19.
This guidance and other water-related guidance can be found here.