Freezing Temperature Guidelines
- Return the pool water level to it proper operating level
- Remove large debris from the pool with a skimmer net
- Turn the pump on either through the circuit breakers or timing mechanism
- Test the pool water, balance pH, and shock the pool heavily
- Run the pump 24/7 until the water clears
Systems with heaters in case of power outage
- Take trippers off the time clock and turn time clock off.
- Take pump lid off.
- Unscrew pump pot plug and volute plug if there is one.
- Dial multiport valve to backwash or push pull valve to backwash.
- Take drain plug out of multiport valve.
- Open air relief valve on filter.
- Take out filter drain plug.
- Open wing nuts on heater or open drain plug.
- Take chlorinator lid off.
- Take plug out of bottom of chlorinator.
- Put all removed plugs in a safe place.